Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Staging complete... on to Burkina Faso!

My last post in the U.S.! I just completed my Staging in Philadelphia. There are 31 of us that will be going to Burkina Faso. Philadelphia is hot (~ 95 °F) and humid, which is a nice wake-up call before West Africa. Thank goodness we didn't leave from cool Seattle! Right now we're waiting for the airport shuttle to pick us up. Our flight connects through Paris and we arrive in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso at 7:45 pm tomorrow. (By the way, Burkina is 7 hours ahead of Seattle.)

We'll be in Ouagadougou for 2 days and then we go to our training site, Ouahigouya. On June 15th I'll meet my host family and start learning how to live like a Burkinabé. :)

A BIG thank you to everyone who has helped me get ready for this! I'm still feeling a little scattered, but it would have been much worse without all your support.

Here are a few pictures from Philadelphia:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time over there! We will miss you.