Thursday, February 26, 2009

Never thought I'd ...

  • get water from the neighborhood water station using an old 55 gallon methylene chloride drum.
  • love buying strangely patterned, bright pieces of fabric by the "pagne".
  • think of babies tied to the backs of their mothers with pagnes as normal.
  • teach physics.
  • dream about teaching physics in french. I finally had my first dream in french, too bad it wasn't terribly exciting. Just a lesson about force vecteurs.
  • be able to write legibly on a chalkboard.
  • have nice handwriting. My whole life I've been told I need to improve my penmanship. Astonishingly my students like my handwriting. What an ego booster!
  • enjoy eating oatmeal ... all the time.
  • find Jif peanut butter too sweet and a Coke perfectly sweetened (high fructose corn syrup isn't used here and pop/sodas taste great because of it).
  • drink beverages out of plastic bags after tearing them open with my teeth.
  • kill a bug on my cutting board with an onion, remove the carcass and continue chopping a potato.

1 comment:

Greg said...

That first one scares me Bridget. Hopefully the DCM has been quantitatively cleaned from the drum by now.