Thursday, September 4, 2008

My new house!

Ok here’s an exciting post of my new house for the next two years. Actually it’s really my first house ever and much nicer than some of my past apartments! I just moved in Sunday, but have been a bit sick so as of yet I've been sleeping and trying to do small things around the house. So far I’ve been able to sleep (thanks to my super comfy cot), make food and do laundry. What else do I need? Curtains, bookshelves, and little tables. Oh and my plumbing isn’t hooked up, but that’s alright. I have a garbage can that some neighborhood girls are filling with water for me.

I have a nice courtyard with a solid bolting door that the neighborhood kids can’t get into. Instead they’ve decided that banging on the door and yelling “Breejeeet” is the best method for getting me to open it. I can honestly say it isn’t and I’m pretty sure they’re going to get bored.

As for visitors, I’ve met many of my neighbors that live close by. They’re very nice and I’m looking forward to getting to know them better.

I’ve had quite a number of “other” visitors as well. This morning I woke up to a mewling kitten who had gotten trapped in my courtyard, last night there was a frog hopping around my "garbage can water holder" and does anyone know how many species of small insects exist on this planet? I think most of them are hanging out around my lights at night! No snakes yet (drat), but I do have a huge latrine spider. Thank goodness my latrine is brand new, no cockroaches! The hole is also very deep at I’d say 20 – 30 feet. I can’t believe how much I’m thinking about bathrooms since moving here!

the front and only door
yes this is my laudry in my courtyard
the plants below look like squash, but the fruit is a cross between honeydew and cantaloupe

living room


living room


hallway and my water containers


kitchen, kind of like being back in lab...


bedroom

bathroom


outdoor shower (left) and latrine (right), my courtyard door is on the far right

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aside from all the "creepy critters", you've got a sweet deal !
May God's grace fill you with blessings as you do His work.
Congratulations and Shalom,
mama duck

Anonymous said...

Wow, your place looks pretty nice! I'm glad things are going so well over there for you.

-Wes

Anonymous said...

Did you let the kitty out or keep her???

I like your house.
Jackie