Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ouagadougou

I honestly don’t have too much to write about Burkina Faso's capital Ouagadougou at this time. After finishing up training in Ouahigouya we all bused down to Ouaga where we were introduced to the Peace Corps office, the volunteer transit house and many delicious restaurants. We were also given the administrative details of life as a PCV. Overall many questions were answered from the logistics standpoint which was beyond satisfying.

As for the city of Ouaga itself, I’m still processing. It was very big and strange especially after living in "little" Ouahigouya for three months. The differences in extreme wealth and poverty were stiking. The air was dirtier and the street vendors more obnoxious. All I can say is that after spending less than a week in Ouaga I was ready to head off to “village”.


shop close to our hotel, very strange name for a buisness

the mosque across from Marina Market


Marina Market

the second floor of Marina Market


my Ouaga food purchases


where our swear in ceremony was held


US embassy emblem


sunset from my hotel room

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The pictures are amazing. Thanks for letting me see my "boy."
His site is nothing like yours,,,no electricity or running water. And, until his solar phone charger arrives, he has limited phone. Hope his neighbors are as friendly as yours. Like you, he is very pleased with his assignment. He's in my heart but he is in God's hands !