Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sad news

My kitten passed away last night. Two days ago Bug and I were walking in my courtyard and he fell over suddenly thrashing and then going completely limp. I really thought at that time that he was dying. He recovered a little bit, but was moving really slow yesterday. My homologue suggested a veterinarian close by and I took him. Not exactly like veterinarians in the US. Bug was given vitamins and dewormer. I took him with me to a review session with my students and he slept the whole time. Well things progressively got worse last night and Bug died at 10:07 pm. I think he was gone long before that and I don’t think he suffered too much.

It’s amazing how attached I was to him after just a month. I'm really going to miss you Bug!







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, honey - that is the saddest news. i'm sorry to hear about bug, and i do hope that he did not suffer. i am an indoor kitten person (which i realize is not an option in your case) largely because i am too freaked out about the much-shorter lifespan of the outdoor cat. clearly, i will never be able to have children (lest they make their way through the world in gigantic hamster balls).

may he have endless screen doors and someone who loves him just as much in his next life. :)

-kim.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could give you a hug and tell you how sad I feel about you having to see your kitten die and now being alone in the house. You've taken on a difficult task, teaching in the Peace Corps and living so far from close friends and relatives. Take good care of yourownlittleself -- Be well and safe, free from suffering. Sending prayers for happiness to find and comfort you.

--LA Mama

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Bug! The pictures were so cute. Take care of yourself!
Rachel

Anonymous said...

sorry about the kitten, don't get too lonely. hope you are well. -Avery.