Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Musings

  • Baby goats are still insanely cute, but sound an awful lot like human babies for comfort. And the cattle are absolutely beautiful. (pictures on their way)


  • The stop signs here say "Stop". According to my French-English dictionary the french "stop" translates into the english "stop sign". Does this mean that a stop sign is telling you to stop or is it just informing you that it is a stop sign?


    yup it's a duck

  • I'm using a lot less water now that it's "cold" here. By the way it's cold here. Meaning I still don't need to sleep with covers. Brrrrr. Although taking bucket baths outside is cold and that's why I'm using less water. That and I'm not sweating every minute of the day.


  • Cell phone/internet connection is on the fritz here. So if I'm able to post this it was by a fleeting miracle!


    house frog (not a toad)

  • People keep telling me we need to celebrate Obama's win by having a Coke, Fanta or beer. I think they want me to organize a get together at a maquis, however, if I do so I get to pay for everyone's drink.


  • When cockroaches run at you from out of nowhere in the latrine, jumping up and down while shouting a few choice words is not necessarily futile. Sometimes you actually do land on the cockroach!

No comments: